- Last Updated on 2 April 2014
Earlier this week I was able to share the true meaning of the Easter Story to nearly 500 people(!) These were the students and staff of Cromer Academy during a whole school assembly. It’s always hard to tell exactly how much of what you said was taken in or even listened to at 8.20 a.m. on a Monday morning! But it’s also impossible to know what God may be doing in the hearts of those young people and adults...
That’s the exciting thing as we build up towards the Celebration of Easter and Passion for Life. We just don’t know what God has got planned for us as a church. What we do know is that we have a wonderfully exciting message to share with our community, and lots of great opportunities to share it.
If you were at last Wednesday Church Night last week you’ll have seen some of the ideas and events planned for Passion for Life week. No matter what age group it’s aimed at, whether it involves giving away free things, offering prayer, listening, washing cars - whatever it is, we need to take every opportunity to get involved, share the message we have and allow God to do the rest.
Acts 1:8 says, "...and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” We need to be bold in sharing the good news of Easter to the people of Cromer, because it’s what God wants us to do, and because it’s a message that is far too important to keep to ourselves! So as Passion for Life approaches, let’s go out into our community with confidence, and with the knowledge that God is with us, and show people exactly what they’re missing out on!
Have a great Easter!
- Last Updated on 6 April 2014
We support nine Mission Partners. They are:
- Michelle Proctor, working with Serving in Mission (SIM) at Mukinge Hospital in Zambia. Her 'champion' is Liz Bennett. We focus on her work in January.
- London City Mission. Their 'champion' is Elizabeth Bridger. We focus on their work in February.
- Tear Fund. Their 'champion' is Bruce Hemmant. We focus on their work in March.
- Church Pastoral Aid Society (CPAS), our patron. Their 'champion' is Liz Whitaker. We focus on their work in May.
- Canaan Christian Centre in Sheringham. Canaan's Director and 'champion' is Evelyn Smith. We focus on the work at Canaan in June.
- Cromer Scripture Union Beach Mission. The local administrator and their 'champion' is David Orsborne. Mission takes place in August, and we focus on their work in July.
- Andrew and Maria Leake working with SAMS/CMS in Argentina. Their 'champion' is David Leake. We focus on their work in September.
- Bible Society. Their 'champion' is David Orsborne. We focus on their work in October.
- Prison Fellowship and Reflex. Their 'champions' are Janet and Paul Rosier, respectively. We focus on their work in November.
In April (Passion for Life and Easter), August (Summer Ministry and Beach Mission) and December (Advent and Christmas) we focus on specific, seasonal opportunities for mission. We encourage every member of the church family to consider how they can be involved in these, and in other mission opportunities throughout the year.